1. Vulgar language will not be tolerated. Watch what you say around customers, instructors, visitors and fellow students.
2. When breaks are allowed, it is the responsibility of the students to discard empty soda cans, candy wrappers, chip bags, etc. If a 10 minute break is granted, this time is allowed for 1. Restroom. 2. Snacks. Make proper use of time. You can only use the restroom when break is given or if you have an emergency. Consequence: Students leaving their trash will cause the entire class to lose their break.
3. Cell Phones are not allowed anywhere in the school building, Cosmetology department, restrooms, halls, etc. As per Education Code: Section 37.082. Students will not be allowed to use in class, stereos or radios, music CD/players, cassettes/players, or head sets. Consequences: Phone’s, and all other device’s will picked up by teacher and turned in to business office. Device will be given to parent only, along with a fifteen dollar fine.
4. Attendance will be taken five minutes after tardy bell, allowing you enough time to slip into scrubs and shoes. Do not clock in until you are in uniform and ready for class. Consequences: Any student who is not in classroom at the time attendance is taken will result in a absence and will need an entrance pass to enter.
5. No horseplay. This includes playing with water bottles, spinning in chairs, or manicure stools running and yelling in the classroom, lab, or hallway.
6. Students must have proper authorization before leaving class. Only one per pass unless given permission otherwise. Students leaving the department for any reason will sign out and in. Other than using the restroom students must be off the clock and have permission from both teachers.
7. Eating in the classroom only when it is allowed. Students cannot bring breakfast/lunch to eat in class. The only time students can have food items is during break time. No food or drink is allowed in the lab, reception area or hallways.
8. While class is in session, there will be no talking, sleeping, note passing, doodling, reading magazines, looking at pictures, or anything that is not on task.
9. It is the student's responsibility to clean and pick up their own mess before leaving class. Students must start cleaning up at 11:25 for morning students and 3:35 P.M. for afternoon students. Students must sanitize their station, place styling chairs, stools, etc. in their place daily. Do not stand at door; wait for the bell to ring in the classroom.
10. Smocks and pants will be worn everyday over your street clothes. Smocks will be laundered once a month by dispensary students. Smocks must not be altered in any way. Shoes must be a black closed tennis shoe. Smocks or shoes will not be taken out of classroom or lab for any reason. Consequences: Student’s who are not in complete uniform will not be on the clock for TDLR HOURS, receive a “0” for all that day’s assignments and exams, will not receive a break, also may result in a referral to an Administrator.
11. Students must have a three-ring binder. The following items are to be placed in the notebook only: copies of hour reports, progress reports, pass outs, tests, assignments, lesson objectives (daily added to notebook), informational sheets, and daily skills builder. Have your notebook, pen ready for every class. Students are responsible for the textbook assigned to them. Books must be kept in the best possible condition. Books are not to be taken home.
12. Students are responsible for practical testing materials and equipment required for State Board Exam, due on or before April 30th. A $50.00 deposit is required for a loaned manikin.
13. Treat others as you would want others to treat you. Students should be honest with each other and their teachers. Respect each other’s property and all instructional materials provided by this department.
14. Take instructions readily and follow directions. Work willingly and with a good attitude. Consequence: Disciplinary action by teacher. Sent to administrator’s or counselor’s office.
15. All rules apply to after school hours. With an additional sign in and sign out sheet. Sign in when after school hours begin and the time, sign out (signature again) when leaving.
16. Manikins must not be marked in any way except for your name written small on the back of the neck. Manikins must be at school everyday ready for work assignments or student will not be allowed on the clock for TDLR hours. Student kits must be taken immediately upon withdrawal from the Cosmetology Program. Student’s kits will be disposed of 30 days after withdrawal.
17. Any student who fails to participate in a SkillsUSA contest, and or Fall Leadership Conference, after the registration fee is paid must reimburse the funds.
18. Obey all rules of the Department of Licensing and Regulation. ) 83.73. Responsibilities of Students. (Adopted effective December 8, 2005, 30 TexReg 8082; amended effective March 1, 2006, 31 TexReg 1280; amended effective August 1, 2006, 31 TexReg 5952) Students shall not engage in any act that constitutes dishonesty or misrepresentation of or relating to a student’s hours accrued under this chapter. Consequences: Student will be referred to Administrator.